**I have limited open shares, please contact me first**
Tips for Milk Share Members
Raw milk is not for everyone and that is ok, however for those of us that do choose to enjoy it's many benefits I have a few tips and things to keep in mind.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Proper containers
Glass 1/2 gallon or gallon jars work best. Your jars MUST be
clean and ready to pour into.
- Air dry your jar before you put lids on, any moisture inside the
jar left sealed for a week before your next pick up can get
stinky and grow mold. Jars that are not clean, have odors or
mold will not be filled.
- Jars must be labeled or marked with your name on the jar.
china marker, markers, or tape on the lids all work well
- You must leave jars with me to fill for the next pick up
- I like cash for payment but Don’t put money inside your jar
Paper money can reportedly carry more germs than a
- Make a Koozie for your jars or bring towels to wrap them in for
transportation, it won't take much for jars to tap together
- Bring a cooler/bag/container for pick up
How to sanitize your jars
Raw Milk Yogurt - this shows how to make it in the oven with
accurate info, I started making this way but now use my
instant pot, I also add some sugar and strain it to make it
thicker, all personal choice.
Tip - warm milk to 90-105F no higher for raw yogurt
How make butter, overall this is a great video with accurate info.
Tip- cream at room temp will turn faster.
Wash your butter with cool water until the water is clear
Unless you culture the buttermilk it's not the same as what
Websites with Raw Milk Information