Tips for Milk Share Members
Raw milk is not for everyone and that is ok, however for those of us that do choose to enjoy it's many benefits I have a few tips and things to keep in mind.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Proper containers
Glass 1/2 gallon or gallon jars work best. Your jars MUST be
clean and ready to pour into.
- Air dry your jar before you put lids on, any moisture inside the
jar left sealed for a week before your next pick up can get
stinky and grow mold. Jars that are not clean, have odors or
mold will not be filled.
- Jars must be labeled or marked with your name on the jar.
china marker, markers, or tape on the lids all work well
- You must leave jars with me to fill for the next pick up
- I like cash for payment but Don’t put money inside your jar
Paper money can reportedly carry more germs than a
- Make a Koozie for your jars or bring towels to wrap them in for
transportation, it won't take much for jars to tap together
- Bring a cooler/bag/container for pick up
How to sanitize your jars
Raw Milk Yogurt - this shows how to make it in the oven with
accurate info, I started making this way but now use my
instantpot, I also add some sugar and strain it to make it
thicker, all personal choice.
Tip - warm milk to 90-105F no higher for raw yogurt
How make butter, overall this is a great video with accurate info.
Tip- cream at room temp will turn faster.
Wash your butter with cool water until the water is clear
Unless you culture the buttermilk it's not the same as what